We occasionally see this message:

IKJ56644I NO VALID TSO USERID, DEFAULT USER ATTRIBUTES USED

I cannot find a current instance of this message in my system, but basically it
means that the purported SAF userid is not defined to TSO--I guess either
installed security product or UADS. The explanation of this message does not
state how or where the 'default' comes from. The message is issued by IKJEFT01.

I imagine that a newly defined vanilla TSO userid would contain the defaults
referred to by IKJ56644I. I don't know of any programmatic way to influence the
default definition. If a valid userid does exist, the associated attributes are
used. I especially don't know why anyone would actually choose *not* to see
WTOs with msgid, but that's the default. This design may hark back to the
advent of TSO, when it was the only interactive mechanism for the mainframe OS.
In those days TSO was just as likely--maybe more so--to be used by clerical
staff as by programmers. Messages and their ids would have been noise to many
users.

.
.
.