On 12/15/2014 7:08 PM, Charles Mills wrote:
I'm looking for a reasonable way to replace all occurrences of a given
string in a dataset. UNIX shell command? DFSMS utility that I have forgotten
about? CBT program?

Nothing fancy. I have a PDS with seven or so members. I want to replace all
instances of $REPLACEME$ with NEWSTRING. I know which members contain the
pattern so I could live with *either* something that did the whole PDS, or
something where I had to specify the specific members. First choice would be
something that copied the PDS, but I can make my own copy and live with a
replace-in-place.

I could write Rexx to do it so that's my bottom line -- it has to be easier
than writing a Rexx program.

Any suggestions?

Charles

FILE182 on your CBTTAPE dial, www.cbttape.org.  The one, the only, PDS.