Caveat:  insert daily digestion delay here...

Charles:  aside from the other information provided, I note the text below from
the JCL Ref manual:

Location in the JCL:
A JCLLIB statement:
v Must appear after the JOB statement and before the first EXEC statement in
the job.
v Must appear before any INCLUDE statement.
v Must not appear within an INCLUDE group.

Your original problem failed the 1st item as following an EXEC in the *job*
since the START command ends up equivalent to an EXEC PROC= and your JCLLIB
statement appears after the // PROC statement.

As mentioned by someone (Lizette, I think?), you can't mix the PROCJOBs with
PROCLIBs as they are two different DDs in MSTRJCL.  Hence the MisPlaced JOB &
JCLLIB statement errors 'cause PROCLIBs must start [1] with an PROC statement.
The PROCJOBs allow you to have STCs that use the larger gamut of JCL; literally
'started jobs'.  In fact, I have many that use JCLLIB to pre-pend my libraries
before the standard, proc, search order specifically to use environment
specific procs of the same name in different libraries. [2]

[1]  ok, don't know for certain.  There may be some exception statements that I
didn't bother to look up.
[2]  One even points to the standard ProcLib so that it can have the same name
as the Proc.  It, essentially, pre-pends OUTPUT JESDS=ALL,OUTDISP=(WRITE,HOLD)
& MSGCLASS=R to the original proc to alter the default STC output disposition.

-------->  signature = 6 lines follows  <--------
Neil Duffee, Joe Sysprog, uOttawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                  fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uOttawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?"  Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent"  John Norgauer 2004