I understand the scenario you describe, John (defined capacities, reliance
on "shoot above" room). I typed out a long and geeky explanation for how
there might still be some room in the deepest discretionary cellar even in
that scenario, but it's too academic and too much topic drift.

I simply don't recommend Bitcoin mining, on or off your mainframe.

....Steering back to the IBM z13, for the record, in my view it's unlikely
that Bitcoin mining would be a good workload fit on z13 processors.
However, it's likely an IBM z System would be a superb server for Bitcoin
payment processing and Bitcoin exchanges, as it already is for other
currencies. The Bitcoin ecosystem has many persistent problems, including
security problems, and that'd be another reason to consider an IBM z
System.

Now, where did I put those 6 yellow tulips. No, make that 8 tulips, and I'd
better run. I need to go buy some milk....

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com