essteam at juno.com wrote:

>Im not a performance analyst, Im a CICS & MQ Sys-Prog. I dont understand this
>new "paradyne".

Neither me.

>March 1 Our Development Team introducd some new functionality.

Have them remove those 'new functionality' until they fix the source of those
abends on a sandbox.

>Our development management are telling is (Systems & Operations) that it is
>"cheaper to Upgrade the mainfame than to have the application programmers
>review their code for performance oppurtunities".

Based on what? Have them give a case study and tell IBM-MAIN. It is the very
first time I heard this second hand utter cr*p.

>Are You F...ing kidding me.

They're kidding you, because they are incompetent and bored+lazy to fix their
own errors.

>In todays era is this true, because I havent heard of it ?
>The Systems teams spent three weeks trying to compensate and adjust our
>performance configuration (LPAR Weights, CICS File Adjustments etc.) to
>accomodate the additional CPU that was introduced.

Shame, give them rest. The System teams are wasting their own time.

>I have not seen any documents produced stating that it would be cheaper to
>Upgrade to a larger machine. What about the License costs for all our products
>?

Your vendors will hijack your upgrade to give you a higher fee.

>Can someone explain and rationalize for this new paradyne ? "cheaper to
>Upgrade the mainfame than to have the application programmers review their
>code for performance oppurtunities".

Have them produce evidence for that claim.

Ok, enough grumbling. I think if you can tell IBM-MAIN about the nature of the
new functionality + level/version of your z/OS, CICS, MQ, etc., perhaps someone
could give you a workaround for these abends.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht