I think I'm right in saying that if you download WSA from z/OS 2.1 you'll get a
newer version of WSA (509) that will successfully install and run on newer
versions of Windows (e.g. 7, 8, and 10). But if you download WSA from z/OS 1.13
or below, you'll get an older version of WSA (506). In that case, it will RUN
on Windows 7 but it won't INSTALL on Windows 7. To get around that you'd have
to install the older version of WSA on an older version of Windows (e.g. XP)
and then copy it to Windows 7.

Hope that helps,

Dave Salt

SimpList(tm) - try it; you'll get it!