On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Gross, Randall [PRI-1PP] <
randy.gr...@primerica.com> wrote:

> I'm a Tux fan myself, but just at home & just for fun...unfortunately

​My use is mainly for fun. But a few years ago, with a different CIO, I was
able to convince the Ops manager (in charge of desktops) to let me have an
old desktop PC (Pentium D) to run Linux. Despite being totally cost free,
he was hesitant.  ​When I showed him how quickly I could produce an "ad
hoc" report for him using Perl, he was blown away. And the fact that I
didn't use any mainframe resources to do it was a clincher. We were very
CPU constrained back then. I could do it faster in Perl than my manager
could using MS-Excel. And he is _good_ with Excel.

--
Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

My sister opened a computer store in Hawaii. She sells C shells down by the
seashore.
If someone tell you that nothing is impossible:
Ask him to dribble a football.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown