On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:39:58 -0400, michelbutz <michealb...@comcast.net> wrote:

>I am getting a 047 abend running a program
>That runs in production
>The 047 abend under both TSO TEST and debug tool happens with a STC
>instruction which tries to
>Modify the 2 lengths of a AP instruction

Is the EXECUTE instruction broken on your machine?

With what you are doing, you could possibly cause ABEND047 (or all sorts of
other abends) not on the STC instruction, but on the AP instruction, if you had
set a breakpoint on the AP under TSO TEST. That could happen because you would
be changing the SVC number in the SVC instruction that replaces the first two
bytes of the AP for the breakpoint. That could certainly cause some
head-scratching.