It's not really all that strange for a debugger to abend on a program that runs
ok w/o the debugger.  I would try using the EX inst instead of the program
modifying itself as prior poster is hinting.

Duffy Nightingale
Sound Software Printing, Inc.
du...@soundsoftware.us
www.soundsoftware.us
Phone: 360.385.3456
Fax: 973.201.8921
The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete
it from your computer. Although Sound Software Printing, Inc.
attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not
guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any
damage sustained as a result of viruses.