If you are short on time for this issue, you other option might be to
prevent them access to the system (TSO/ISPF) and then have someone submit
the JCL for them.

Or you will, as others suggested, need to use an exit.

If you have time and money, you could look at a product like EASYEXIT by DTS
Software.  You can quickly get exits in place without having to code
assembler language.  You might see if they will "rent" the software for your
shop.

Lizette