On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:16:10 -0500, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
>wrote:
>
>> This is not my forte, but I thought I would just throw this out.
>>
>> Could you STC be written with a higher level Assembler stub routine that
>> would be monitoring for things like CANCEL XXXX.  That routine would then
>> signal a daughter task to provide the function you want?
>>
>> Lizette
>>

>​I don't remember if Scott has said, but I'll interject that handling Sx22
>abends can only be done by APF authorized programs.

You do not need APF authorization to trap one of those abends. Anyone can do
it, and the recovery routine can take appropriate action to terminate nicely.
Retry is not possible, though, and if the operator issues a second cancel
command the non-APF program cannot trap that one, but the first one can be
handled.

--
Walt