On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:02:57 -0400, Scott Ford <idfzos...@gmail.com> wrote:

>All:
>
>I need a sanity check on a design I am wanting to do. We have a Cobol STC
>running with a Assembler Operator Interface, single thread.
>I understand I could redo in Assembler and multi-task, redo in C or C++ and
>thread, but this isnt what I am looking for. Inside the STC we maintain
>a secondary index of data items. If the Operator issues a 'P ......'  or
> 'C ........' we will loose the secondary index.

If I remember correctly, the P command has no effect unless you accept the
command and act on it. Your action could be to save your secondary index, and
then terminate.

You can trap the abend generated by a C command and, again, write out your
index. Alternatively, you could probably mark your program non-cancelable via
the PPT.

--
Walt