i. ftp instructions for sending data to the MXG ftp site

       Using the IBM ftp program, you can ftp any MVS data file to the
       MXG ftp site with this syntax; do NOT change the DCB attributes
       of the //SMFFILE DD: even though it points to a VBS DSNAME, the
       RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=32760 must be used to include BDW and RDWs.

      //FTP      EXEC PGM=FTP,PARM='(EXIT=4'
      //SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
      //SMFFILE  DD DSN=YOUR.SMF.DATA,DCB=RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=32760,DISP=SHR
      //INPUT DD *
      ftp.mxg.com
      mxgtech mxgtech
      quote PASV
      bin
      put //DD:SMFFILE  yourname.smf
      close
      quit
      /*

      IMPORTANT:  userid/password may be mixed case
                  do NOT change the DCB attributes of the //SMFFILE DD.

      IMPORTANT:  Some sites MUST use the "quote PASV" argument, so it
                  is the default, but for some sites it can NOT be use
                  and must be removed. Try both.

      IMPORTANT:  The ftp control statements MUST BE UNNUMBERED.

Barry