Thanks Barry. I don't see any ASCII translation in there. Am I missing
something?

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Barry Merrill
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 8:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: FTP - how get RDW and ASCII

    i. ftp instructions for sending data to the MXG ftp site

       Using the IBM ftp program, you can ftp any MVS data file to the
       MXG ftp site with this syntax; do NOT change the DCB attributes
       of the //SMFFILE DD: even though it points to a VBS DSNAME, the
       RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=32760 must be used to include BDW and RDWs.

      //FTP      EXEC PGM=FTP,PARM='(EXIT=4'
      //SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
      //SMFFILE  DD DSN=YOUR.SMF.DATA,DCB=RECFM=U,BLKSIZE=32760,DISP=SHR
      //INPUT DD *
      ftp.mxg.com
      mxgtech mxgtech
      quote PASV