On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 6:17 PM, John Mattson <johnmattson...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> My personal experience.  I'm 67, laid off after 18 years May 2014,
> consultant with raise Sept 2014, Hired away with raise Aug 2015.  Yes,
> there is work to be had.  More so if you are able to travel and/or
> re-locate, but I am seeing more notices for work-from-home.  PS, once you
> are on Medicare, most company"benefits" are worth very little to you, so
> you might as well consult.

​Unfortunately for me, I'm "in the hole". I'll be 63 when the company gets
rid of me. Likely too old to get hired somewhere else, too young for
Medicare. Oh well, maybe a massive heart attack is the answer. Too bad I
passed my nuclear stress test with flying colors. <sigh/>​

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown