On 26 November 2015 at 06:51, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The company wants to only be an insurance company. They are outsourcing
> I.T. infrastructure. They have already outsourced the DBA function, new
> business data entry, and claims data entry. I'm not sure about the
> applications themselves. I do know that the software for the agents is
> actually written by programmers in the agency company, as opposed to the
> insurance / underwriting company (us).

So, um, what's left of an insurance company once it's outsourced all
the data related functions?  It's not like a company that bangs out
widgets on a production line; the data is everything. Insurance is
about pooling risk, and an insurance *company* exists to make a profit
on pooling risk. Why would such a company need more than a CEO and a
couple of actuaries on the payroll? Probably those could be outsourced
too, saving even more money.

Tony H.