On Nov 30, 2015, at 8:32 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:

Charles Mills wrote:
Shipping the source is utterly out of the question,

Of course, you have to be crazy if you give away your bread and butter source for all the greedy vultures on this planet.

During my private work years ago, some of my clients want the source [1] for 'security evaluation' or something crappy like that. A simple 'no' as answer and moving on to the next customer resolved that quick.

[1] - Years ago it was told to me that some z/OS vendors gave the source code of SVC routines to satisfy their client paranoia... But generally their statement of integrity is enough of course. Can management read Assembler source listings?

E:

There are other vendors that ship source (at one time CA did) and not for just their SVC's but executed programs. In fact I debugged a source program that did not work with SWA above the line. I don't know of any current vendor off the top of my head that does ship source but then they don't try to do what John is trying to do either .

Ed