From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Ed Gould
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: COBOL v5

Peter:

I agree with you. BUT as we have heard many times IBM doesn't see a need for
this and have relegated COBOL to the dust bin of history. We have had
discussions on here about the need but until there is critical mass IBM will
not consider this as a "need".
Then IBM will probably come up with a half cocked idea like mandating
PDSE's.