On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 16:15:46 -0500, Bill Ashton wrote:

>Kolusu, thanks for this - it was quite simple, and works great.
>
>Ed, you had to be the fly in my ointment! I am reasonably certain that all
>use the same Sort, but we will have to confirm that before my partner
>finishes his work. If they do not, I guess I will have to look at the Rexx
>option. Thanks for the sanity check!

I don't know the specification of the problem.

o What might a sample input PARM look like
   How much flexibility have you in its content/format?

o Given that, what would you expect the output control file (in a
  passed temp DSN?) to be?

I think also of (untested):
//  EXEC PGM=ASMA90,  (HLASM)
//      PARM=(SYSPARM='Payload of parm')

... using conditional assembly/macros to do any necessary formatting,
and PUNCH commands for output.  Rexx is easier for me.

-- gil