I like using lines, I like to be able to read the code.

 SORT FIELDS=COPY
 OMIT COND=(1,80,SS,EQ,C'ted03')
 INREC PARSE=(%=(ENDBEFR=BLANKS,
                   FIXLEN=30,
                   STARTAT=NONBLANK,
                   STARTAFT=BLANKS),
              %=(ENDBEFR=BLANKS,
                   FIXLEN=30),
              %03=(ENDBEFR=BLANKS,
                   FIXLEN=30)),
       BUILD=(%03)

OMIT has been around a long time, but you might want to look up SS as a
field-type.

PARSE you may not know, but I think you'll be able to follow without the manual
- and if not, there's always the manual.

I think the BUILD is OK too.

Is there anything genuinely obscure here?