Well, two things: Yes there were, and with several names, and I'd now only say
possibly MS-DOS. Although MS-DOS possibly/probably wouldn't have existed
without IBM; the much later appearance of the IBM PC in the UK than in the US
also influenced my typing, as there were any number of MS-DOS-based machines
available before the IBM PC was on sale in the UK (there were even "grey
market" imports to satisfy demand in the UK). It is the latter that made me
type that, rather than any detailed knowledge on exactly what appeared first.