> Again there once were more members in the plex, but where would I find that
> number? D XCF tells me the names of the systems, only.

Do an ADRDSSU print dump of the sysplex CDS (or use review to browse online).
Then you should be able to see the names of the long gone systems. I cannot
check right now, but there may be XCF/XES messages at IPL telling you the
number ('id') of the just IPL'd system. Check for that number for the currently
active systems and use the appropriate position in the entries for the long
dead systems to verify if that is the number used. In any case, you can just
count system names shown - they get filled from the start, AFAIK.

While that number was my suspicion, too, I don't know if there is an interface
that lets a component other than XCF/XES use that index into the CDSs for
identification purposes. To the best of my knowledge, that number is XCF/XES
internal only. But I may be wrong.

Barbara