> Do an ADRDSSU print dump of the sysplex CDS (or use review to browse online).
> Then you should be able to see the names of the long gone systems. I cannot
> check right now, but there may be XCF/XES messages at IPL telling you the
> number ('id') of the just IPL'd system. Check for that number for the
> currently active systems and use the appropriate position in the entries for
> the long dead systems to verify if that is the number used. In any case, you
> can just count system names shown - they get filled from the start, AFAIK.

> While that number was my suspicion, too, I don't know if there is an
> interface that lets a component other than XCF/XES use that index into the
> CDSs for identification purposes. To the best of my knowledge, that number is
> XCF/XES internal only. But I may be wrong.

Well, I cannot tell the original the systems had been IPLed into the sysplex,
right now. But I had expected the number to be something that easily and
obviously identifies a system. After all it is shown in a system message (and
part of a DSN) giving me a hint on where something had happened.

Thinking about an RCF or PMR to get a autoritative answer.

--
Peter Hunkeler