Hi

Looking at this discussion I really wanted to share something over here
which was shared by one of my colleague.

One of an American ISV company off shored their work to India.

The technicians in India wanted to get trained in many areas like zVM but
the Indian manager was too hesitant and said there should be lot of tickets
or incidents so that he can get a training. The saddest part was the
manager was not even literate on zOS systems. All he knew was to save cost.
So slowly most of the wannabe system programmer left. Now he wants a 2 year
experienced guys to run equal to his peer.

So this is one of a case where they are not interested to address the skill
shortages.

Jake