>Hopefully Mainframe Companies should perform a strict due diligence>before
>choosing the offshore partners. The interview should not only happen>to
>Technicians but to the managers level
This is a nice thought which can do justice to the people working on both the
sides  . ie , "outsourced" as well as "outsourcing" companies .  This way , the
work goes only to deserving hands which of course improves the support quality .
 Again the amount of work getting outsourced would come down drastically if
Mainframe companies start choosing offshore partners based on skill .
Interviews should happen at manager level so the practice of illiterate guys
managing technical teams would stop .  But then , how many companies are
willing to do this ?
Robert Hahne