On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:29:11 +0000, Vernooij, CP (ITOPT1) - KLM  wrote:

>I already guessed HC got the value from VLF internals,

Well, not exactly. Health Checker establishes the infrastructure for doing
health
checks. System components then register their health check with HC, which
invokes the routine that the component registered to perform the check. That
component's check routine performs the check and uses the HC infrastructure to
report on the results of the check in a common way.

> so my immediate reaction was: why tell HC and not me?

The check routine does tell you. With a health check message.

>I already opened a PMR for adding the info to SMF 41-3.

Good luck with that. Maybe they'll convert it to an RFE.

--
Tom Marchant