Regarding IEFA110I:

Sadly, I see that the book mentions that this is "new" but the message
itself isn't in the book. I will have someone look into that.

I was surprised to see that the display did not show XCFAS (unless someone
had used the PROGxx LNKLST UNALLOCATE statement), since by default LNKLST
data sets are allocated SHR by XCFAS (whether or not LLA is active),
precisely to help keep someone from allocating one of those data sets
"OLD" which in turn is intended to help keep someone from, if they're
doing it right, allocating the data set OLD in order to compress it . To
me, it has always been strange that you do not need to allocate a data set
OLD in order to compress it. But I'd say that doing so is right. I even
suggested some customer-configuration option "enforce DISP=OLD for
compress" so that a customer could set that option in parmlib and have it
apply to their whole z/OS. No one seemed to interested in implementing
that, though. The option is necessary for compatibility reasons.

The IEFA110I message is intended to show up to about 20 ENQ holders (it's
not necessarily exactly "20"), after which it will add the line
"SOME OWNERS SUPPRESSED"

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design