POSIX(ON) vs POSIX(OFF) coexistence is a constant PITA.   There are two
separate LE environments, why in the world can't they each have their own
POSIX-ness?     For example: Try to run an LE program as an ISPF dialog
with POSIX(ON) and you'll find that it is impossible.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com