On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 15:28:30 +0000, J R wrote:

>> o Isn't the argument to EX a DDNAME, not a DSNAME?
>
>No!

I stand corrected; I had it exactly backward (I intended the reverse.)
But the prior ply used "ex  sysproc(logon)", and SYSPROC is conventionally
a DDNAME.  And by Jesse's clarification, that means:
    EXEC 'tso-pref.SYSPROC.CLIST(LOGON)'

>> o What causes that PDS to be allocated?
>
>The EX command.

Am I correct that allocation is temporary, and FREEd when EXEC completes?

-- gil