From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 11:31 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: SYSPROC Concatenation?

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 15:28:30 +0000, J R wrote:

>> o Isn't the argument to EX a DDNAME, not a DSNAME?
>
>No!

I stand corrected; I had it exactly backward (I intended the reverse.) But the
prior ply used "ex  sysproc(logon)", and SYSPROC is conventionally a DDNAME.
And by Jesse's clarification, that means:
    EXEC 'tso-pref.SYSPROC.CLIST(LOGON)'

>> o What causes that PDS to be allocated?
>
>The EX command.

Am I correct that allocation is temporary, and FREEd when EXEC completes?

-- gil