From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Joseph W Gentile
Sent: dinsdag 5 april 2016 9:25
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Advice needed - GRS across 2 sysplexes with shared dasd

With ACCELSYS, it is technically possible (for any resource) but highly
unlikely given the small window. To mitigate the risk, you can use GRS
Star mode. In lieu of that, an ACCELSYS value of at least half the complex
size will make it very difficult for two systems to independently obtain
the same ENQ at the same time, without their neighboring systems in the
Ring seeing the conflict.

-Joe

Joe Gentile
z/OS GRS Lead