> And if your member, by happenstance, exactly fills the whole last block, what
> happens?  Or have you just been lucky to date?

Calculate DCBLRECL from OPEN (saved) = 80 divided into DCBLRECL after READ =
27920.  Simple calculation gives me 349 records to process.

>I would expect that each member is followed by an end-of-file, causing an
>EODAD exit to be entered.  I'd be surprised if PDSE doesn't behave that way.

You do receive an EODAD on the next read, but in my example of 500 lines in a
program....
first Read = full block (349 records), second Read = short block (actually 151
records, but program thinks its 349), next read gets EODAD.

>Use QSAM with LRECL=80.

I'm using BPAM, LRECL=80, DSORG=PO.
I'm processing all members of a PDS or PDSe.  Could be 5 members or 5000
members, either way program should handle it.

Thanks,

Tom Savor