How to determine the length of the block for a BSAM/BPAM RECFM=FB dataset is fully described in the z/OS DFSMS Using Data Sets book, Processing Sequential Data Sets, Determining the Length of a Block.
Greg

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.idad400/len99.htm?lang=en