On 04/13/2016 08:45 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
<SNIPPAGE>

Use QSAM with LRECL=80.

I just happen to need to work on a utility program that is going to have this very problem.

From days gone by I remember something about using BPAM to process a PDSE. It is much faster and fewer CPU cycles to do BPAM than it is QSAM when working with more than one member.

SVC99 is about as bad, if not worse for CPU usage as an OPEN or CLOSE is (TIOT manipulation, LOCAL LOCK, storage obtains, ENQUEUEs, CATALOG processing, SMS stuff if also involved, etc.).

Not very efficient.

Regards,
Steve Thompson