If this was a logical dump, you could restore the individual datasets. Execute
the restore job with PARM='TYPRUN=NORUN' to get a list of the individual
datasets.
If this is a physical dump, you have no choice.     You *MUST* provide at least
a 3390-9 to restore successfully.

X'2721' is 10017 cylinders i.e. 3390-9
X'0D0B' is 3339 cylinders   i.e. 3390-3.

HTH,

<snip>
I´m trying to restore a full volume backed up with ADRDSSU utility and during
restore I´m getting following message:

SOURCE AND TARGET DEVICE CAPACITIES DO NOT MATCH. CYLINDER CAPACITY OF SOURCE
VOLUME 2721, TARGET VOLUME 0D0B.

This tells me that source volume has 2721 cylinders and target volume has 3339
cylinders (0d0b).

My question is how to bypass this condition checking and restore from tape
source volume in a new target volume.
</snip>

This email � including attachments � may contain confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, distribute or act on it.
Instead, notify the sender immediately and delete the message.