On 5/13/2016 4:07 AM, Richards, Robert B. wrote:
... would it be okay to specify a reserve value to all partition profiles that
equals the highest number of CPs that my CBU records allow?

This would allow for total flexibility of CP assignment to any or all lpars. In
my case, it would also apply to a second set of backup partitions on an
opposing CPC for data center failover capability.

That's precisely the behavior you get when you specify 'DYNCPADD ENABLE' rather than 'DYNCPADD nnnn' in LOADxx:

www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.2.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r2.ieae200/stpldx.htm

<IBM Documentation>
When you specify ENABLE, z/OS prepares to dynamically add the smaller of the following:
o Highest CPU/core ID the hardware supports
o Highest CPU/core ID the z/OS release supports.
</IBM Documentation>

This is followed by, "IBM® recommends specifying nnnn to avoid allocating CPU/core-related storage for CPUs/cores that will never be dynamically added for the life of the IPL."

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc