From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:09 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: What does it indicate when an SMF 30 subtype 4 or 5 has no
completion section?

> 2) "Continuation record" due to "record too large conditions. I.e. due
multiple unconsolidated DD statements.

Yup. Thanks.

> 1) STEP was "flushed" due to JCL error or COND= processing.

Nope. If the job was flushed due to a JCL error no SMF record is cut. If the
step was flushed due to COND= then there is a completion section. The
indicator bit X'0100' is on and the completion and reason code fields are
zero.

Charles

1) STEP was "flushed" due to JCL error or COND= processing.
2) "Continuation record" due to "record too large conditions. I.e. due
multiple unconsolidated DD statements.

Check the SMF manual for the gory details..

HTH,

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN