From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Tuesday, 24 May 2016 6:47 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Space Calculation on z/OS sytems

Mainframe Mainframe wrote:

>We have requirement of calculating the space utilized / consumed by our
>all z/OS systems as well as by Tape libraries . Few points

>1) I can find with the list of volumes used/allocated by z/OS systems and this
>will give me the space given to these system. But how can i find the exact
>space consumed by these host from these volume.

Look at ISMF, get a list of volsers, look at pull down menu item 'List'. Select
'Print'. Choose your columns including 'ALLOC SPACE' and you have your report.

Or you can use DCOLLECT.

There are other free and expensive solutions. Search IBM-MAIN archives for that.

>2) We are using HSM for backup to tape and I am not finding ways to calculate
>the space consumed by these tapes.

What tape management system do you have?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht