From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Adams, Anne (DTI)
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 3:15 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Basic CICS Question

Hey friends, this isn't necessarily a z/OS question but I'm hoping someone
knows.

Do you have to STEPLIB all libraries for CICS, even if they're in the LINKLIST?
We're running 5.2 of CICS and z/OS 2.20. For instance, do SCEERUN, SCEERUN2,
RACF (or ACF2) have to be in the STEPLIB? I'm being told this is because they
all have to be APF authorized and you lose that with the linklist. All the
appropriate libraries are APF authorized. I supposed I could create a little
vanilla system and be certain, but I was sort of hoping someone would know.

... and if the answer is yes, shame on IBM for making me do that.

Anne R. Adams, CISSP
DTI, Systems Engineering
Sr. Mainframe Services Analyst