On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:27:28 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>​... Most shops any more use the APFTAB value which indicates that a
>data set's APF authorization is based on the APF table when a module is
>accessed via the link list or a STEPLIB.

Does this mean that STEPLIB may nowadays contain a mixture of
unauthorized and APFTAB-authorized catenands, and that loading
a program marked AC=1 from one of the authorized catenands
will retain authorization notwithstanding the presence of
unauthorized catenands?  I know a more recent ply has said "No",
but you seem to be implying "Yes".

And why can't Content Supervision be as intelligent about a mixed
authorized/unauthorized STEPLIB as it is about a mixed link list?
(I know that if CS were changed to operate that way, programmers
would lose the ability to force an otherwise authorized program to
execute unauthorized by including it in STEPLIB.  This ought to
be a tolerable behavioral change.)

-- gil