From z/OS 1.13 version of "MVS Programming: Authorized Assembler Services
Guide" Chapter 21: Protecting the System" about page 433, there is a "Note" in
"APF-authorized libraries":
"Notes: 1. If a JCL DD statement concatenates an authorized library in any
order with an unauthorized library, the entire set of concatenated libraries is
treated as unauthorized."

And guess what, in "z/OS V2R2.0 MVS Authorized Assembler Services Guide" same
chapter, same section, but page 455, it has the same note.

So "No" in STEPLIB, you CANNOT mix APF Authorized and Unauthorized libraries,
LINKLST, on the other hand, you can mix it up.

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer 3
UFIT
University of Florida
(352) 273-1298

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Basic CICS Question

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:27:28 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>​... Most shops any more use the APFTAB value which indicates that a
>data set's APF authorization is based on the APF table when a module is
>accessed via the link list or a STEPLIB.

Does this mean that STEPLIB may nowadays contain a mixture of unauthorized and
APFTAB-authorized catenands, and that loading a program marked AC=1 from one of
the authorized catenands will retain authorization notwithstanding the presence
of unauthorized catenands?  I know a more recent ply has said "No", but you
seem to be implying "Yes".

And why can't Content Supervision be as intelligent about a mixed
authorized/unauthorized STEPLIB as it is about a mixed link list?
(I know that if CS were changed to operate that way, programmers would lose the
ability to force an otherwise authorized program to execute unauthorized by
including it in STEPLIB.  This ought to be a tolerable behavioral change.)

-- gil