The
DEL 'gdgbase' MASK could take out more datasets than you want.

Which is Why I put in an RFE for DELETE "gdgbase.G####V##" MASK as an
enhancement.

If you have things that begin with the GDGBASE - it will delete everything

So things it would delete

GDGBASE.*  MASK
Deletes
GDGBASE.GxxxxVxx datasets
GDGBASE.GooooVoo  dataset (GooVoo is alpha here)
GDGBASE.BACKUP
GDGBASE.TEMP
And so forth.

So you do need to be careful on how it is specified.  For some reason JCL is
safer.

Lizette