Jake,

Have you reviewed the sizes for TIOT in the Init and Tuning Manual?

TIOT
Specifies the installation defaults for the task I/O table (TIOT).
SIZE(nn)
Specifies the size of the TIOT. The TIOT contains an entry for each DD
statement. The size of the TIOT controls how many DDs are allowed per jobstep.
By specifying an integer from 16 to 64 as the value of this parameter, the
installation controls the default DD allowance. Table 1 shows the relationship
between the size of the TIOT and the maximum number of DDs allowed.
Table 1. Relationship size of TIOT and maximum number of DDs allowed
Dec     Hex     Size of TIOT    Maximum number of               Maximum number
of DDs allowed when every
                                        single unit DD Allowed  DD requests the
maximum number of units (59)
16      10      16384 (16K)             816
64
17      11      17408 (17K)             867
68
24      18      24576 (24K)             1225
97
25      19      25600 (25K)             1277
101
32      20      32768 (32K)             1635
129
40      28      40960 (40K)             2045
162
48      30      49152 (48K)             2454
194
56      38      57344 (56K)             2864
227
64      40      65536 (64K)             3273
259

It looks better in this link

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieae200/alstate.htm

There are some examples to show you how things are calculated.  But remember,
YMMV.

Also, if you do any internet searches, you will probably come across this link

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bit.listserv.ibm-main/5iizAoUCURc

Lizette