>You could also try something a little more sophisticated - like dynamically
>allocating the data sets (take a look at IDCAMS, which can access the data
>sets via dynamic allocation and avoid the batch limits.)

Isn't it true that for non-authorized programs dynamically allocating a data
set still adds an entry to the TIOT? Only authorized code is allowed to as for
the entry to be added to the XTIOT. I guess IDCAMS is using the XTIOT, but user
programs, including TSO and ISPF do not.

OTOH, why not deleting the GDSs with IDCAMS "DELETE your.gdg.base.* MASK"

--
Peter Hunkeler