On Fri, 1 Jul 2016 07:10:35 -0600, Jack J. Woehr wrote:

>Styles, Andy (SD EP zPlatform) wrote:
>> I'm curious about other people's views.
>>
>> I'm struggling to find anything I want in the Knowledge Centre these days.
>Congratulations to IBM on making the KC almost unusable to actual users in an
>attempt to make it mobile-friendly.

+1.  I don't use mobile, but the fluff I see with a browser ought to be
unwelcome
on mobile.  Or do they detect viewer type and conditionally redact it?

>Here's how I use it: Starting at http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/

Thanks.  That matches the OP's expressed desire for not only the end result but
also
a procedure.  Cf. your .sig.

* Disable any script blocker. *
> 1. Click on Products in the bar upper right.
> 2. Choose z/OS
> 3. Select version, e.g., 2.2.0
Many pages nowadays have a popup list that lets you select 2.2 or 2.1; rarely
older.
Still valuable.
> 4. Click the weird little blue widget in the upper left which is a
> mobile-style drop down menu.
Dammit! that thingy ought to be labelled; "TOC" or such!
> 5. Click the plus to open a view of a product.
> 6. Click the product name to get at the list of docs with the PDF links.

PDF!?  On a mobile!?

It's OK when you get there, I guess, but they wanna make you earn it!

>--
>Jack J. Woehr     # Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of
>www.well.com/~jax # thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe
>www.softwoehr.com # with a fine understanding of human fallibility. - Carl
>Sagan

-- gil