Charles Mills wrote:

At a company apparently so into customer satisfaction.

Again, if you click the little weird blue widget in the upper left, you get
essentially the same drop-down view of the
libraries to read online or download PDF's as you always got. Just the style
sheet and javascript have changed.

The search engine sucks badly. Google does better for me at finding IBM stuff
than IBM's own engine.
What is Watson up to? Get his silicon a** busy on the search engine ...

But I think IBM is reaching out to a younger market. We're a bunch of old
farts. This is a move to mobile. I remember
sitting around IBM Boulder 20 years ago listening to a 67-year-old and
excellent IBM VM programmer rant about how useless
GUIs are. Now he's gone and I'm 64.

You gotta make way for youth, they only know what they know. We can adapt to their world. Or retire. But complaining is self-abuse.

--
Jack J. Woehr     # Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of
www.well.com/~jax # thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe