Cross Posted

Hi

We are planning to implement hipersocket for our sysplex with 5 LPARS in it.

We are already using OSA express card with 10G and our Multi Access Spool
for all the 5 LPARs so we cannot even of implementing hipersocket for NJE.

If my understanding is correct the hipersocket is not eligible for external
communication too.

I am still trying to understand from the manual what other benefits I can
get from  Hipersocket.

I think Hipersocket cannot replace CTC connection by having two major node
speak over hipersocket rather than CTC.

Can someone please throw light on this so that I can dig little further to
know the real purpose of having purpose.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Peter