On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Peter Hunkeler <p...@gmx.ch> wrote:

> >If a user logs on, it is JES2 that reads the logonproc from PROCLIB,
> which it already has allocated (as you >mentioned). Kind of a chicken and
> egg problem: how can a user logon without having read the logonproc?
> >Kees.
>  >
> >Oh yeah..You are right.. . That explains why User C was able to log on .
> Thank you Kees ...
>

> JES2 is usually defined with NODSI in the PPT (SCHEDxx) and does not hold
> an ENQ on the data sets it has allocated.

​As as aside on this, as I understand it, this only applies to data sets
allocated via JCL. That is, if you allocate a PROCLIB inside the JES2PARM
(see below), the DSNs listed do have, and keep, the normal allocation (SHR
as I recall when JES2 does the DYNALLOC).
Example portion of JES2PARM:

PROCLIB(PROC02) DD(1)=(DSN=SYS4.MDOFPROC),
                DD(2)=(DSN=SYS1.PROCLIB),
                DD(3)=(DSN=SYS2.PROCLIB),
                DD(4)=(DSN=SYS1.LI.PROCLIB)

Also, if I remember correctly, when you specify NODSI, what actually
happens is that the data set _is_ enqueued when you do the START command,
but soon after (during the processing of the PPT entry?) the initiator will
release the ENQ. That is, if you have an STC defined with NODSI, but
something else has a DSN in the JCL "tied up" with a DISP=OLD type
allocation, then the START command will still get A "waiting on data sets"
message and will not be started until the DSN is available.
​

> --
> Peter Hunkeler

"Worry was nothing more than paying interest on a loan that a man may never
borrow"

From: "Quest for the White Wind" by Alan Black

Maranatha! <><
John McKown