>Is the program CALLed (or "called")? CICS, IMS, DB2, batch? You mentioned
>records and database, so I'd take a stab at batch with IMS or DB2.

The program is called via EXEC PGM=, and it is using DB2.

We live in a complex environment here, i.e. we've got a home grown middle ware
layer that application code needs to use for just about anything. Apart from
that, there are dozens of applicaition modules loaded in the address space.

My job is to find what might have gone wrong causing that writd situation and
abend. It's the application people's job to read the code then. I have no
knowledge about the business function and business data, so I cannot help with
this.

--
Peter Hunkeler