On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:10:09 -0500, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>I have in a CSI:
>
>  Entry Type:  SYSMOD                              Zone Name: GLOBAL
>  Entry Name:  HHHHHHH                             Zone Type: GLOBAL
>                                 HOLD DATA
> ++ HOLD ( HHHHHHH )  ERROR  REASON ( RRRRRRR )
>     FMID ( FFFFFFF )  DATE (16187)  COMMENT ( ... ) .
> ++ HOLD(HHHHHHH)  SYSTEM  REASON(DOC)  FMID(FFFFFFF)
>     DATE(16074)  COMMENT( .. ) .
>
>HHHHHHH has been APPLYed and ACCEPTed with status APP BYP
>and ACC BYP.  Is there anything in the CSI that will tell
>me whether RRRRRRR was BYPASSed or SUPerseded, and if the
>latter what the SUPerseding SYSMOD is?  I assume the BYP
>might pertain either to the SYSTEM hold which I know was
>BYPASSed or to the ERROR hold.
>
>(I prefer using the ISPF panels rather than a batch LIST.)

If a superseding PTF was applied, you can go into SMP 3.2 and query SYSMOD
RRRRRRR. You will find that it has a status of SUP in your target and/or
distribution zones. Select the zone you are interested in and it will show the
superseding PTF.

I thought it might, and here is how I verified it. First I ran a LIST of our
z/OS 2.2 global zone. Searching for HOLDERROR, I found this PTF that has an
APPLY zone and no ACCEPT zone:

UA78515   TYPE            = PTF
          STATUS          = REC
          DATE/TIME REC   = 15.280  11:32:07
          SOURCEID        = OS220074
                            PUT1509
                            RSU1510
                            SMCCOR
          APPLY ZONE      = MVSTGT
          SREL   VER(001) = Z038
          FMID   VER(001) = HBB77A0
          PRE    VER(001) = UA78910
          SUPING VER(001) = AA48428   IA48428   KA48428
          MOD             = IEFAB469
          HOLDERROR       = AA49564

Querying SYSMOD AA49564 gives this result:

Entry Type:  SYSMOD
Entry Name:  AA49564

To return to the previous panel, enter END .

To select an entry from a zone, enter S next to the zone.

     * - Entry not found in zone.
    ** - Zone could not be allocated or is not initialized.

           -------------------- Status ------------------------
   ZONE     TYPE     FMID     STATUS   DATE     TIME     REWORK
   -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- -------- ------
   GLOBAL   *
   MVSDLIB  *
   MVSTGT                     SUP

When I select the target zone, one of the fields is

The PTF could have been applied with BYPASS(ERROR), but the fixing PTF was also
applied, possibly at a later date. Or, for that matter, I suppose that the
resolving PTF could have been applied earlier, and the error PTF applied later
with BYPASS(ERROR PRE).
If you want to verify that things were done correctly, SMPLOG is your friend.

--
Tom Marchant